ISO Certification for Transportation helps deliver High Quality Services
Use ISO Certification to enhance your transportation reputation by delivering high-quality service, on time, no matter what the circumstances. Minimise your environmental impact and save money, by improving your energy efficiency and reduces your greenhouse gas emissions.
Achieving ISO Certification means you’ll be implementing a management system which improves your processes and procedures, enhancing the quality of your service and giving you an advantage over your competition.
ISO Certification for Transportation and Logistics Companies
Depending on your business, there are a variety of ISO standards which you can implement in order to support your management systems and continually monitor and manage quality across your entire transport and logistics operations.
ISO 9001– Implementing a globally recognised quality management system will outline ways your organisation can achieve and benchmark consistent performance and services.
ISO 14001– Investing in an environmental management system will help your business remain commercially successful without overlooking your environmental responsibilities.
ISO 45001– As a standard for management systems of occupational health and safety, the goal of ISO 45001 is the reduction of occupational injuries and diseases.
Additional Standards which may prove beneficial are:
ISO 39001– Implementing a Road Traffic Safety Management system will help you identify and manage your road related risks through the appropriate controls to achieve your road traffic safety objectives and reduce the incidence of death and serious injuries on the roads.
ISO 22301– Using a business continuity system will help you to make sure you can continue to deliver on time no matter the circumstances and allow you to reassure clients of your ability to maintain service delivery levels.
Benefits of ISO Certification for Transportation and Logistics Companies
Achieving ISO certification can support and provide Transport and Logistics companies with the ability to consider the benefits for the customer or client. Equally, a key benefit of being ISO certified as a transport company is the enhanced communication and trade between two parties.
Additional benefits include:
- For Logistics Services ISO Certification leads to improved:
- Packaging, containerisation and storage requirements
- Importing and exporting regulations
- Managing risk, potential reduction of insurance and freight damage
- Working and collaborating with partners
- Managing contracts
- Enhanced reputation by demonstrating your commitment to meeting international standards of excellence.
- More efficient delivery of goods, improving your reputation and helping you win new and retain your current customers.
- Improved environmental performance, enhancing your reputation and helping you to set yourself apart from your competition.
- Reduced security risks due to improved management.
- Ability to trade internationally.
- Identify and manage current and future threats to your business.
- Take a proactive approach to minimizing the impact of incidents.
- Keep critical functions up and running during times of crises.
- Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time.
- Demonstrate resilience to customers, suppliers and for tender requests.
Subsequently, I have focused (Douglas’) efforts at the whole raft of Compliance’s and Accreditation’s I need to run my enterprise. The list is extensive and all of which have been secured from scratch by Douglas’ attention to detail.