Achieve ISO 27001 Certification with our support
Information security is vital in today’s world to minimise exposure to cyber attacks and to protect client data. DTC Consulting Ltd can support you through the ISO 27001 certification process. With our knowledge, we can save you months of time and effort following our proven methodical plan for working towards certification.
Proven Process to Achieve ISO 27001 Certification
We use a proven process for ISO certification project planning and management. This methodology saves months of effort, time and cost as you work towards developing an information security management system.
In this first stage, I will work closely with your team to define your organisation’s needs and identify any potential weaknesses and areas for improvement in your current system (if applicable).
This stage will detail all activities, highlight responsible parties and plan key timelines needed for the implementation of an ISO management system.
Book Stage 1 Audit – This will provide your team with a target date for ISO certification. DTC Consulting Ltd can assist you when selecting an appropriate Certification Body which takes into account your needs and budget.
I will work to develop a Bespoke Management System based on:
- Objectives, scope and resources – What does your organisation hope to gain from certification, the proposed timeline for the project and what are the available resources.
- Systems, policies, procedures and processes – I will consider the current system and how compares to the standard. From here I will develop supporting documentation needed for the project.
- Teamwork – Identifying key staff and responsibilities to help you make changes.
- Maintain customer and supplier feedback – This is a great way to get input to shape your thinking and create an action plan for continual improvement in your organisation.
- Employee motivation – Regular communication and updates helps keep your staff involved and informed at all times throughout the ISO certification process.
- Staff training – This will be both awareness and potentially internal audit training for your staff. DTC Consulting can offer this service and provide support the internal audit programme.
This will be conducted by your chosen Certification Body- DTC Consulting will be able to support your team while the audit is being conducted. After the audit, a report will be issued, and I will work with you to plan the Stage 2 Audit at this point.
I will review the findings of the Stage 1 Audit and work with your team to implement the findings as required or appropriate.
This final stage will be conducted by the same Certification Body as Stage 1 – DTC Consulting will support your team while the audit is being conducted. After the Stage 2 Audit, the report will be issued and your certification received..
Why ISO 27001 Certification explained
ISO/IEC 27001 is an information security standard. ISO/IEC 27001 specifies a management system that is intended to bring information security under management control and gives specific requirements. The standard is routinely updated to ensure that it demonstrates to businesses and organisations how to protect themselves and mitigate risks against today’s current threats.
Organisations that meet the requirements may be certified by an accredited certification body following successful completion of an audit.
Is ISO 27001 applicable to my organisation?
ISO 27001 is not limited to Technology or the Telecommunication sectors. Businesses see ISO 27001 as good for their business because it improves management processes and integration with the corporate risk strategy.
ISO 27001 is applicable to all organisations, regardless of size, industry or nature of business. Businesses and organisations that are not very obvious candidates for ISO 27001 include; accountancy, the financial industry, pharmaceutical companies, warehousing/ distribution, recruitment agencies/businesses, health organisations, government bodies and telecommunications to name a few.
It is designed to be integrated into an organisation’s existing management processes and follows the same high-level structure as other ISO management system standards, such as ISO 9001 (quality management)
What are the benefits for my business?
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that you have identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place systemised controls to limit any damage to the organisation. ISO 27001 enables organisations to put in place an information security management system. It helps manage information security risks and improve performance by developing and implementing effective controls, policies, processes and procedures while providing a framework for addressing legal requirements to avoid penalties or fines.
Key potential benefits from use of ISO 27001 include:
- A demonstration of clear commitment to information security management to third parties and stakeholders aligning with customer requirements
- The development of an organisation’s information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts
- An increase of business resilience
- The creation of an information security culture that is threat-aware, whereby employees are encouraged to take an active role in their own security
- Reinforced leadership commitment to proactively improve performance
- The ability to meet legal and regulatory requirements and commercial responsibilities
- Enhancing your organisations reputation by taking a proactive approach to managing your IT assets
- Improved opportunities across various sector
ISO 27001 management systems integration
ISO 27001 shares a high-level structure (HLS), identical core text and terms and definitions with other ISO management system standards such as ISO 9001:2015. This framework is designed to facilitate the integration of new management topics into an organisation’s established management systems.
What about ISO certification?
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that you have identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place systemised controls to limit any damage to the organisation.
Achieving ISO 27001 is not a guarantee that information breaches will never occur, however by having a robust system in place, risks will be reduced, and disruption and costs kept to a minimum.
If you are already certified to another standard, e.g. ISO 9001 you may already have some of the necessary tools and systems in place to implement ISO 27001.
It maps out a framework that an organisation can follow to set up an information security management system.
ISO 27001 can be used by any organisation regardless of its size, activity or sector.
Using ISO as your preferred management system can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that the impact of employees and customers are being measured and improved.
Tips to get started
If you are considering implementing ISO 27001, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Implement the Risk Treatment Plan in order to achieve the identified control objectives, which includes consideration of funding and allocation of roles and responsibilities.
- Implement controls selected during establishing the ISMS to meet the control objectives.
- Define how to measure the effectiveness of controls to allows managers and staff to determine how well controls achieve planned control objectives.
- Implement security training and awareness programmes.
Pre-Qualification and Requests for Quotation
Training and Competence
Brand and Reputation